So heres a thought. Have you ever considered how much one trillion is? 1,000,000,000,000 It's a lot. Like, a LOT a lot. One million millions. I recently discovered that if you were to make a replica of the Sears Tower, it would take approximately 2.3 trillion pennies. That's a LOT of pennies. To put it into a slightly less abstract form, one trillion pennies, stacked into a cube, would make a cube that had dimensions of slightly larger than a standard football field (end-zones included) on every side. Again, this is a LOT of pennies. Ok, how about distance? Well, that's a bit tougher to describe, actually. One trillion miles is like travelling to Pluto about 250 times. It's also the equivalent of about 2 light months. That is, travelling at the speed of light, it would STILL take 2 months to travel that far. As long as we're thinking of time. One trillion seconds is equal to about 31,690 YEARS. Another interesting estimate is that there are approximately 3.5 trillion fish in all of the oceans on earth.
There are about 300 million people in the united states. I'm no economist, but I think that if the government decided to split 1 trillion dollars evenly to every single person on the condition that they have to spend/invest that $3333.33 within one month, we'd probably see a decent little jumpstart to the economy.
Just a thought.
so, did you pour pennies into the sears tower and count them, or find a 'fun facts' website? (I can guess which would take longer ;) )
ReplyDelete