No, really, I did! I shall never again set foot in SupraNaturals. Well, at least I don't plan to. It feels good to be done with work. Maria and I kicked off our vacation by heading down to Zion National Park. We stayed a wretched night in the car (hey, it was free), but then we had a GLORIOUS day of hiking. We went on a hike called "Angel's Landing." After climbing quite a few switchbacks, it ended up on top of a bit of a mountain. But the hike didn't start there. There were some chains that we could hold on to to keep from falling to our doom down the deep ravine. Fun, eh? We went along a bit of it, but then we decided to turn back once re reached the first waypoint. Because it got worse. Much worse. You see, at this point, there's kind of a saddle, which drops off to 800 feet on one side and 1000 feet on the other side. We didn't feel like risking our lives were worth it, besides, we had an amazing enough view, as you can see:


Afterwards we went down, we went to go check out the Narrows. Unfortunately there was a notice saying that due to high flow rates, the narrows were closed for hiking. We stepped in the water. It was pretty dang cold, but maybe someday we'll go back and try it. I kinda hope we do someday.
We went on one other small hike that took us to "Weeping Rock" where water was literally pouring out of the walls as it trickled over a thousand years. It was awesome.
So now were down here in Arizona visiting my parents for a few days. It's hot down here. We're still trying to get everything arranged on the house. Finally we got the electricity turned on in our name, and the gas is supposed to be turned on tomorrow. The inspection should be on Tuesday, and hopefully we'll be able to close pretty soon, and then we'll be home owners!! We hope.
I'll let Maria tell you about how she chopped her hair off : )
Congrats! We hope you guys come and visit us on your way to Toledo. We have a nice guest room with a real queen bed and a good rate. ;)
ReplyDeleteHooray! Do we get to see you? Heehee.
ReplyDeleteThis is all so great! We need to do something.., unless you are already gone forever. :( If so I'm so sorry we didn't get together before you guys left. Give us a call and have fun in AZ!! Don't melt away.
ReplyDelete