This is the little bit of decoration that we did for Halloween... hey, it's something!
After her husband got off of work early Weston and I got to come home and spend some time together, but first we discovered a package on our back doorstep. And what was in it? A digital camera from Weston's parents!!! It was one of the best birthday presents ever! It even is the perfect color (blue) and has cool features (like being weight sensitive so the picture changes directions on the screen when you hold it horizontal or vertical). The best part is, if the screen does get broken like our late camera then it still has a view finder! Thank you thank you! We celebrated by heading off to the zoo and taking some pictures (with a barely charged battery because I was impatient). The animals were even wishing me a happy birthday because the cheetahs were right by the fence just staring, it was almost like we got to interact with it. I got to show Weston the kids play place they built which is really cool. But then the best... I got to watch a tiger pounce on another tiger and then apologize (rubbing cheeks)!! The best!
Thank you also to all the family/friends that called and sent me letters! Thank you mom and dad also for all the gifts you've given me over the years. I had a wonderful birthday. Thank you all :) Oh, and I even had some friends that brought us over a birthday cake because they know cake is my favorite dessert. We have been so blessed with friends here and I don't know how to be thankful enough. Oh, and I forgot to mention the most thoughtful perfect gift that I got this birthday was from Weston. He got me a salad spinner! He remembered when we went to walmart and saw it that I said it would be awesome to have (like 2 months ago) and he got one for me! It was also perfect because it didn't cost much but it was exactly right for me! He also got me a scale which was even more perfect, I've wanted one for a long time, but we decided it was too cheap of a scale and not accurate enough and I can wait until we can afford a better one, so we took it back.
The other thing I've done this week is start my tiling-the-dining-room project. It's brought some stress with clutter around the house and the table in the living room so we had to room at all but I'm glad it's started. Below are two options that I'm considering for the design. What are your thoughts?!? I'm also trying to clean up the basement a little because my parents are coming tomorrow and bringing my cat to stay! So I don't want her to run into too many cobwebs or knock too many boards over down there. Well, this is a long enough post... hope you're not too bored : | Have a great week all!
Us ripping up the carpet in the dining room. Weston even helped for a couple hours on my birthday! It was so nice! And I liked being with him (he didn't want to study and wanted to be with me so that was nice). All the plywood is laying done underlayment/subfloor to put the tile on an even flat surface.
Which do you like best? The spiral or diamond in square.
Then for good measure. Weston being happy! Playing around with our new camera (that is also for his birthday).
Happy birthday late of course. (Sorry) We really are glad that you've made friends out there and that things are going well for you both. I like the squared in tile since you asked for opinions. :)
ReplyDeleteTwo items of business-
ReplyDelete1. Happy birthday!!
2. I also like the square design. Very pretty!
Awesome Birthday! And a Happy late birthday as well. Say hi to your parents for me when they come. I also like the square design. You are awesome Maria! love ya
ReplyDeleteglad you had a good bday! happy belated birthday and sorry that I saw you that day and didn't say anything!! Oh- I'm also a fan of the square.
ReplyDeleteThe tile looks great. You're so talented. I like the square ;) How fun to have a new camera. Now we need to come back and take picture again. :) sounds like a great birthday!
ReplyDeletesquare a the way
ReplyDelete