Saturday, October 31, 2009

Downstairs with our stuff

So... I guess it's time to change the blog layout... it's no longer summer... sigh. : )

So October has been such a long month! Of course it's flown by but it seems like so much has happened! This last weekend some friends of ours came to visit from Indiana and stayed with us for the weekend. We really enjoyed having them here! We went to see a play with them at the community theater in Maumee which turned out to be really really well done. I'd never seen the play before. It was Kiss Me Kate. I really really liked the first half, the second half was good too but there were a lot more bawdy jokes and innuendo's. Maybe I just don't watch t.v. or see other media very often anymore but I'm definitely more sensitive to it now then in high school! Weston says he's seen the play before and it's not always that direct and that it was emphasized by the choreography. We also went to the Toledo Art Museum (which is really really cool and free! Well... you pay $5 for parking but that's not bad if you're carpooling!) and watched a demonstration on glass blowing. It was soo cool! I want to play with melted glass at over 1000 degrees!! It was so awesome to watch it behave as a liquid! Then we took them to 2 ward activities on Sat. (sorry to them) one was a chili dinner and the other was our primary program practice for 2 hours in the morning. I am SOOOOOO glad the program is over! I HATED practices because the kids did not want to be there at all! Of course it went well but we just had way too many practices. My co-teacher did a really good job after the program with class though with the activities she planned that still went along with the lesson.

The other nice thing about having friends come over is that I got the house cleaned before hand! Therefore I was able to take some pictures! Here are some of our first floor. The living room looking at the front door. I'm standing in the dining room and the den and stairs are off to the right. The piano is back there behind the couches. All the openings in the walls make for few options for where the couches can go. We just changed it. We used to have the piano on the left wall closest to the dining room with both couches in the far left corner but to make it work the long couch had to be on the far wall and the love seat sectioned off the 3rd seat on the long couch so there was no leg room. It made for more space in the living room but this way we get all 5 seats and they are closer together and we could put the coffee table NOT in the center. I don't like coffee tables taking up leg room.

The view from the front door.
Looking into the dining room (obviously). You can see our tv set up in the corner. It's perfect for it! Except that there's no plug in the corner so we have an extension cord for when we want to watch movies!
This is from the kitchen/dining room doorway looking into the living room. So the kitchen is right behind me to my left. It had tons of dirty dishes everywhere to I'll get pictures later. And here is the view from the couch looking up the stairs. We managed to keep the "stained glass" (painted fiberglass) window: ) It fit right over the newly installed little window and can be used instead of blinds : ) This is my favorite new window. The new window is miniature so it's fun.

Stay tuned for more later!

3 comments:

  1. your house looks so nice!! and I agree about the primary program- when I was a teacher the practices were so hard for me to sit through :) oh-and next time you head to the museum of art, there's a church right next to the museum (across from the paying lot) with a huge parking lot where you can park for free! whenever we've gone during the day it's pretty empty- but it may fill up on weekends.

    ReplyDelete