So this is a bit late in coming, but I've been busy lately. Our spring concert was a couple of weeks ago, and it went very well. Rather than post the video, I'm just going to give you the links below. We had a lot of fun, as you can probably tell. (Maria says it was really really amazing, and was somewhat shocked that we sounded that good). Unfortunately, some of the songs don't sound as good on the video, but you take what you can get.
Good Old "Docapella" (This one sounded better live. The vidoe didn't pick up the voices in sync or something)
A Million Ways (featuring yours truly) (Not the best recording. It sounds flat, but it didn't at the performance.)
Prayer of the Children (I think this one had the best sound to it. We really clicked on it.)
Hooked on a Feeling (Featuring Paul Schroeder) We performed this at the talent show earlier this year. We did better this time.
Africa (Props to Pat's brother for arranging this!)
The Lord Bless You and Keep You (We also performed this at the Anatomy Memorial service last week)
Med School Paradise (Rapping has never been so white)
I would be remiss if I didn't add a couple of songs from the girl's group, Vocal Remedy. Including a song that we worked on together. It came together in the last week, and it was an INSANELY hard arrangement, so that's why it sounds not so great.
If I Only Had a Brain (I'm in there. Somewhere in the back. I don't think I had a single note in that whole piece that wasn't designed to clash with someone else's. That's what you get with vocal jazz.)
Leader of the Pack (Molly did a good job on this one. And Paul, as always, looks like... Paul. And acts like Paul.)
Benediction (They performed this at the Anatomy Memorial as well)
So... That's about it. As always, we're on YouTube! So you can see other songs from before or whatever. We've already got some stuff cooking for next year that I think will go over well. We've also got a gig this week at the really high-class Donor's appreciation dinner on campus, where we'll get food as well as get paid (we're gonna make official Docapella T-shirts). It'll be cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment